The project was a follow-up to the already established Community Health Services Programme (CHSP).This project, inaddition to regular CHSP activities (provision and or upgrade of essential health facilities and infrastructure such as water, toilets, health posts, etc), involved the enhancement of rollback malaria components and these include:
- Netting of homes and fumigation of households and surroundings.
- A Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (PMP) was designed for effective periodic monitoring of activities being carried out.
- Rollback Malaria workshop targeted at the 25 NGO implementing partners in 46 communities in 12 states where the CHSP was active, the local government and state government officials.
- Special training programme for laboratory technicians residing in the local government areas where the CHSP was operational.
- Provision of malaria testing kits at LGA health centres