NNF provides the lead in the implementation of Participatory Partnerships for Community Development (PPCD), a project established to provide capacity building for Regional Development Committees (RDCs) under Chevron’s Global Memorandum of Understanding (GMoU). In this respect, NNF participates in meetings of the PPCD sub-committees working with PPCD partner NGOs and PPCD’s programme officers to develop, implement and evaluate capacity building activities in collaboration with the RDCs.
NNF also plays a leading role in community development projects being implemented in the Niger Delta region under the auspices of the Chevron GMoU and the DFID-sponsored Market Development in the Niger Delta states (MADE). In the second quarter of the year, NNF participated in the following community development activities in the region:
- Data Synthesis workshop of the 2015 GMoU Evaluation held from 31st March to 2nd April 2015
- RDC Community Scholarship Committee Workshop held in April 2015
- 21st PPCD Planning Committee meeting held in April 2015
- Analysis Workshop of the 2015 GMoU Evaluation (6th and 7th May 2015)
- PPCD Communication sub-committee meeting (26th May 2015)
- Itsekiri Regional Development Committee’sCEMB meeting (29th June 2015)
- On-boarding Training workshop for Ilaje RDC (11th and 12th June 2015)
- Institutional Building and Resource Mobilization sub-committee meeting (16th June 2015)
- Market intervention programmes for palm oil industry in the Niger Delta under the MADE project sponsored by DFID (April – June 2015).
Prof. Femi Ajibola, Managing Director, New Nigeria Foundation (NNF), facilitating during the 2015 GMoU Evaluation data analysis workshop in Warri